Vermont’s Health Care Reform Landscape: All Payer Accountable Care Organization Model
Roundtable Summer Meeting | Thursday, June 13th | Basin Harbor
Advance Materials and Media:
To help prepare members to engage in this important discussion on Vermont’s All Payer ACO Model in advance of the Summer Meeting, we have have compiled some resources you may find valuable.
* APM and ACO Summary – Brief background on Vermont’s All Payer ACO Model and OneCare Vermont
* Navigant Rural Hospital Analysis – Rural Hospital Sustainability: New Analysis Shows Worsening Situation for Rural Hospitals, Residents
* State Innovation Models (SIM) Initiative Evaluation – The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services are testing the ability of state governments to use their policy and regulatory levers to accelerate statewide health care systems transformation. Vermont was one of six Model Test States.
* Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ Report Recognizes Vermont’s All-Payer Health Reform – Press Release from Governor Scott’s Office
* The Milbank Quarterly on Medicaid Accountable Care Organizations in Four States: Implementation and Early Impacts – Of special note, this paper reports: “Between the three states, Vermont had the most promising results in reducing high-cost service use (inpatient admissions and ED visits) and Medicaid cost growth, followed by Minnesota and Maine.” and “Only Vermont’s ACO demonstrated slower growth in total Medicaid expenditures.”