SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE – Contact Roundtable Office to Inquire
“About This Event: The Executive Leadership Series events are designed to be valuable professional development and networking opportunities for CEOs and their key team members and proteges, as well as influential leaders in the private, non-profit and public sectors.
This Year’s Keynote, Tim Urban
Tim Urban is the co-founder and creative force behind the extremely popular Wait But Why blog and has authored dozens of articles on a wide range of topics, which have been republished on sites like Quartz, The Washington Post, The Atlantic, TIME, Business Insider and Gizmodo.
Known for synthesizing complex concepts and presenting them in humorous and memorable ways, Urban has been featured in documentaries, The Mars Generation and Behind the Curve, as well as the most-watched TED talk of 2016, “Inside the Mind of a Master Procrastinator.”
Wait But Why has topped 10 million unique visitors during peak months and attracted thousands of patrons, including Tesla CEO Elon Musk, who solicited Urban’s input and illustrations for his talk at the December 2015 Climate Change Conference in Paris. Urban’s subsequent four-part blog series on Tesla, SpaceX and Musk himself has been read by over 4.5 million people. According to Fast Company, Urban has “captured a level of reader engagement that even the news media giants would be envious of.”
Tim Urban is also the co-founder of ArborBridge, a test prep firm dedicated to providing the most effective one-on-one SAT/ACT prep in the world. in New York and California. He holds an A.B. in Government from Harvard University.
8:00am Registration & Networking Breakfast
9:00am Keynote Presentation
9:45am Q & A
10:30am Breakfast Adjourned
11:00am “Becoming Leaders of Influence” Student Session
Sites, Articles and Media of Interest
- Created through Act 137, Vermont has an Artificial Intelligence Task Force
- “Artificial Intelligence Ethics: CVU Student Shares Thoughts, Advice to Lawmakers” [Vermont Public Radio, 3.30.18]
- “A Shelburne Teen Tackles Straws, Artificial Intelligence and College Applications” [Seven Days, 8.1.18]
- “Local Artificial Intelligence Company to Work with State of Vermont to Help Grow Workforce” [PRNewswire, 2.13.19]
- “How Governments Can Leverage AI and Automation” [McKinsey & Company, May 2019]
- “How Advanced is AI Today?” [60 Minutes, 7.14.19]
Event Contact: Sherra Bourget [email protected]